Two Types of People

This post has been in draft for a long time... I was on the verge of posting it several times, but held back. I wondered if I should post it. Is it too negative, too open? Well, now I'm posting it anyway. As always your honest comments are welcomed.

In my work and private life I basically run into two kinds of people:

  • People that get things done and people that don't.
  • People that do what they promised and people that don't.
  • People that answer emails and people that don't.
  • People that finish their tasks on time and people that don't.
  • People that are on time and people that aren't.
  • People that forget appointments and people that don't.
  • People that .... I think you get the point.

I honestly believe I belong to the first group. I'm not saying that I don't mess up, forget, procrastinate, etc. every now and then. But when I do I say sorry. It's not a normal thing, things should be different.
Furthermore I'm not saying I don't like 'the other type of people'. They're part of life and I just have to deal with them and organize my work to meet that reality.
On the other hand, things can be different. In my case, reading and living by 'Getting things done' helped me move from one group of people to the other. I think... If I'm mistaken, please correct me.

Popular posts

Keep the Intranet Small

Enterprise 2.0 Research

Innovation in Turbulent Times